Hi, my name is Gerald and I am a software developer from Münster. On the internet, I usually go by ubergesundheit. For fun and recreation, I like to try out new programming languages and technologies, tinker with programmable gadgets and embedded systems, cook and eat tasty recipies and read or watch science-fiction. In Münsters Code for Germany division I voluntarily create civic tech with open data. I'm really interested in technologies and topics like Linux, containers, container orchestration with Kubernetes, decentralization and self-hosting. My secret weakness is owning and trying out mechanical keyboards.
You can find me on GitHub, and Keybase. You can also write me an email.
- May 2018 – Now
- Full Stack software engineer at FoodTracks. Development and maintenance of customer facing software for order optimization & business data analysis. Maintenance and deployment of infrastructure and CI/CD.
Technologies: React, Python, Docker, Node.js, Ruby on Rails, Go, Ansible, Terraform, GitLab
- June 2016 – April 2018
- Full stack developer in the senseBox project at Institute for Geoinformatics: Development and maintenance of openSenseMap, an open source citizen science open data platform.
Technologies: Node.js, MongoDB, Docker, AWS, Ansible, Terraform, Arduino
- April 2014 – May 2016
- Software Engineer at con terra GmbH: Development of a winter service management platform frontend and a data portal frontend for environmental data.
- October 2013 – Februray 2014
- Intern at Zweitag GmbH: Development of a backend for a document orgaization software.
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Elasticsearch
- June 2011 – August 2013
- Student worker at Institute for Geoinformatics: Support, administration and maintenance for the institutes IT. Development of internal management tools.
Technologies: PHP, MySQL
- Master of Science Geoinformatics
- Completed at Institute for Geoinformatics. Thesis: Supporting Public Deliberation Through Spatially Enhanced Dialogs
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, AngularJS, Docker
- Bachelor of Science Geoinformatics
- Completed at Institute for Geoinformatics. Thesis: Arm gesture interaction with virtual globes: Implementation and evaluation
Technologies: Kinect, NASA World Wind
My other online profiles