Hi, my name is Gerald and I am a software developer from Münster. On the internet, I usually go by ubergesundheit. For fun and recreation, I like to try out new programming languages and technologies, tinker with IoT and embedded systems and read or watch science-fiction. In Münsters Code for Germany division I voluntarily create civic tech with open data. I'm really interested in technologies like Linux, containers and container orchestration with Kubernetes. My secret weakness is owning and trying out mechanical keyboards.
You can find me on GitHub, and Keybase. You can also write me an email.
- May 2018 – Now
- Software Engineer at FoodTracks
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Node.js, React, Docker
- June 2016 – April 2018
- Full stack developer in the senseBox project at Institute for Geoinformatics: Development and maintenance of openSenseMap, an open source citizen science open data platform.
Technologies: Node.js, MongoDB, Docker, AWS, Ansible, Terraform, Arduino
- April 2014 – May 2016
- Software Engineer at con terra GmbH: Development of a winter service management platform frontend and a data portal frontend for environmental data.
- October 2013 – Februray 2014
- Intern at Zweitag GmbH: Development of a backend for a document orgaization software.
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Elasticsearch
- June 2011 – August 2013
- Student worker at Institute for Geoinformatics: Support, administration and maintenance for the institutes IT. Development of internal management tools.
Technologies: PHP, MySQL
- Master of Science Geoinformatics
- Completed at Institute for Geoinformatics. Thesis: Supporting Public Deliberation Through Spatially Enhanced Dialogs
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, AngularJS, Docker
- Bachelor of Science Geoinformatics
- Completed at Institute for Geoinformatics. Thesis: Arm gesture interaction with virtual globes: Implementation and evaluation
Technologies: Kinect, NASA World Wind
My other online profiles