Hi, my name is Gerald and I am a software developer from Münster. On the internet, I usually go by ubergesundheit. For fun and recreation, I like to try out new programming languages and technologies, tinker with programmable gadgets and embedded systems, cook and eat tasty recipies and read or watch science-fiction. In Münsters Code for Germany division I voluntarily create civic tech with open data. I'm really interested in technologies and topics like Linux, containers, container orchestration with Kubernetes, decentralization and self-hosting. My secret weakness is owning and trying out mechanical keyboards.
You can find me on GitHub, and Keybase. You can also write me an email.
Import and cleanup of
traffic accident data
consisting of multiple excel sheets. Uses
as datastore and for validation.
Automated geocoding of ~112000
Deployment on Kubernetes
Technologies: Python, Kinto, JSON Schema, Docker, Nominatim, Overpass
React app for human aided correction and validation of traffic accident
locations. Uses Material UI
as frontend framework. Kinto
as datastore and for user accounts.
Deployment on Netlify
Technologies: React, Material UI, Kinto
API service to query Mosmix data provided by Mosmix Processor.
utilizing pREST as
CRM layer. Also exposes OpenAPI definition.
Technologies: Go, PostgreSQL, OpenAPI
An interactive christmas market app for
Münster. Hackathon project. Based on React and Mapbox GL JS for map display.
Technologies: React, Gatsby, Mapbox GL JS
Utility container image for static web asset serving with gzip
and brotli compression in a single binary inside a FROM scratch container.
Technologies: Go, Docker
Other notable projects
- Coworking Spaces Münster - Collection of coworking spaces in Münster on a map and as CSV download
- Nanny - Monitoring of services based on periodic notifications to a HTTP endpoint. Contributed Slack notifier and other API improvements. [Go]
- Watchtower - Periodically pull container images and restart if required. Contributed Slack notifier. [Go]
- senseBoxPi - Read sensor values and transfer to openSenseMap using linux kernel builtins on the Raspberry Pi. [Go, Linux, Raspberry Pi]
- DialogMap - Spatially enhanced dialogues. Software developed for my masters thesis. [Ruby on Rails, Angular 1.2, Docker]
- Letter Drag - Soure code to an anagram game for Android phones. [Java, Android]
- December 2019 – Now
- Front End Engineer at Giant Swarm.
Technologies: React, Kubernetes, Containers
- May 2018 – November 2019
- Full Stack software engineer at FoodTracks. Development and maintenance of customer facing software for order optimization & business data analysis. Maintenance and deployment of infrastructure and CI/CD.
Technologies: React, Python, Docker, Node.js, Ruby on Rails, Go, Ansible, Terraform, GitLab
- June 2016 – April 2018
- Full stack developer in the senseBox project at Institute for Geoinformatics: Development and maintenance of openSenseMap, an open source citizen science open data platform.
Technologies: Node.js, MongoDB, Docker, AWS, Ansible, Terraform, Arduino
- April 2014 – May 2016
- Software Engineer at con terra GmbH: Development of a winter service management platform frontend and a data portal frontend for environmental data.
- October 2013 – Februray 2014
- Intern at Zweitag GmbH: Development of a backend for a document orgaization software.
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Elasticsearch
- June 2011 – August 2013
- Student worker at Institute for Geoinformatics: Support, administration and maintenance for the institutes IT. Development of internal management tools.
Technologies: PHP, MySQL
- Master of Science Geoinformatics
- Completed at Institute for Geoinformatics. Thesis: Supporting Public Deliberation Through Spatially Enhanced Dialogs
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, AngularJS, Docker Code
- Bachelor of Science Geoinformatics
- Completed at Institute for Geoinformatics. Thesis: Arm gesture interaction with virtual globes: Implementation and evaluation
Technologies: Java, Kinect, NASA World Wind Code
My other online profiles